The Calaveras County Coroner’s Office provides reports of autopsy, toxicology, and death certificates for law enforcement agencies, insurance companies, and families of deceased persons. We identify the deceased and notify their next-of-kin while ensuring that the deceased and their property are treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
Our mission is accomplished through the use of pathologists and other doctors, consultants, and other methods of inquiry. We serve as an independent finder of fact in a manner as prescribed by law.
- Autopsy reports are $10.00
Important Reference phone Numbers
- Death Certificate Recorder's Office (209) 754-6732
- Calaveras County Department of Public Health (209) 754-6460
- Crisis Help Line Mental Health (209) 754-3239 or (800) 499-3030
- Victim Services Division of the District Attorney (209) 754-6565
- Calaveras County Sheriff’s Office (209) 754-6500